Sometimes you need a quick yet delicious lunch or snack and this is a perfect store cupboard solution which can be made in minutes.
Portions: 3 – 4
Prep and Cook Time: 30 minutes
Cookware: At home, I use a food processor, a wand hand blender in the caravan
- 1 carton / tin butter beans – drain but reserve a little water, to loosen dip
- 2 medium roasted red peppers (from a jar) – drained and roughly chopped
- 1/4 garlic clove (or to taste)
- 1 level tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp harissa (add more to taste)
- 2 tbsp good olive oil
- 1/2 lemon – juiced
- salt flakes
- sun-dried tomatoes (optional, if you have some to use up)
- parsley – torn (optional)
In a food processor or a hand blender and bowl, process all ingredients until smooth. Add a little bean water to loosen the consistency, if desired. Check seasonings, add a little more harissa and salt to adjust to your taste.
If you have any sun-dried tomatoes available, these are a great addition, making the dip slightly sweeter and even more intense.
Delicious on your choice of bread / toast / pitta / oatcakes and with crudités. Also, good topped with fresh tomatoes and rocket sprinkled with Dukkah.