There are many recipes for avocado salsas but this is my usual combination.
I serve it with fish, a tex-mex style dish or just on toast for lunch.
Portions: 2 – 3
Prep time: 20 mins
- 1 ripe but firm avocado – chopped
- 4 cherry tomatoes / 1 regular tomato – chopped
- 1 tbsp red onion – finely chopped
- red chilli (to taste) – finely chopped
- splash of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lime – juiced
- a little crushed garlic to taste (optional)
- pinch of salt
- coriander leaves – torn
You can make this salsa as chunky or smooth as you wish.
Combine all of the above ingredients. Mix well and season to taste.
If not eating immediately, squeeze over a little lemon juice, to prevent the avocado from browning, cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
Bring to room temperature before serving.